About Once Like A Spark
We’ve spent the last 13 years building a company that thinks differently about wedding services – from photography and videography to DJs, coordinators, and makeup artists. We’ve shown that when you modernize and streamline the process, everyone wins. Our artists focus on what they do best – their artistry – while our customers are guided through a stressful time of their lives by a highly personable team of experts at a surprisingly reasonable price point. We’ve built a business that’s proven to be profitable and repeatable in multiple markets throughout the country.
Founders and sisters, Ashley and Cali, here…we’re serial entrepreneurs and Techstars – Boulder graduates who have founded multiple national businesses in the wedding industry. We originally bootstrapped Once Like A Spark with no significant investment, and oftentimes in the background of other projects. In late 2019, we returned to a high growth start-up mentality. We have since more than doubled our highest year of revenue in less than 12 months. Our team of 20 employees keeps the wheels turning from our base in Athens, GA, and we currently work with more than 600 contractors across the country. We’re in 24 national markets and we are a multi 7-figure revenue business. We are fully focused on continuing to accelerate our growth.
Bottom line: We are hiring for a full-time all-star Logistics Coordinator who loves customer service and assisting the overall team in achieving the company goals.
Although we do offer a flex, remote work schedule and environment (see more under benefits), a candidate located in or near Athens, GA is preferred, although we are open to candidates in or near Atlanta as well. We will consider a fully-remote hire for the right fit. Our team is deeply invested in the community of Athens. If you are looking for an ideal place to live (no traffic! tons of culture! incredible food and music!), come check it out!
**OUR DREAM CANDIDATE**
Our dream candidate is energized by the idea of playing a pivotal role in a rapidly growing company, and driven by making a measurable impact quickly. Our Logistics Coordinator will be joining a small, established company experiencing exponential growth – a situation that presents many opportunities and many challenges.
Our dream candidate is service oriented, high energy, incredibly detail oriented, an independent problem-solver, and thinks outside-the-box. They don’t get stuck on the way things have been done previously – they are open to experimenting with new tactics and strategies. They are obsessed with the small details and bringing a customized customer experience to our couples that make them feel special and seen. They are comfortable with conflict and seek to understand first and move quickly towards mutual solutions that are in the best interest of the client; as well as the company. They are not afraid to ask questions and lend knowledge in the hopes that they will learn, share or further understand. They understand the importance of being a team player and “pitching in” to drive the goals of the team. They’ll be working on a small team, but our pace is FAST – we can’t emphasize that enough. We’re the opposite of a sleepy corporation – we’re making changes and experimenting constantly.
As the Logistics Coordinator, you will be influential in cultivating the couple’s experience leading up to and following their wedding day. This role is considered a flex role as the coordinator will be able to help based on the team need and the seasonality of the wedding season, flexibility and agility is a must. You’ll be responsible for coordinating engagement and portrait sessions with ease and excitement for our couples. As well as work collaboratively with the post wedding team to provide system support and administrative support in delivering the client galleries or meeting client needs. We are constantly seeking opportunities to continuously improve our processes and provide premium service – you’ll reflect the passion, kindness and team spirit to transition with the busy seasons and provide impactful support to the operations team, clients and artists.
Our Logistics Coordinator will:
● Manage the team’s shared inbox, providing excellent communication and a seamless experience for clients and artists through the scheduling of sessions, planning calls and general questions
● Ensure that artists and clients have signed their event specific contracts prior to the wedding date to ensure a smooth weekend of events
● Assist in managing our new DJ services text/email flow and couple outreach to sell these new services
● Complete couple timelines prior to planning calls to ensure a smooth planning process
● Assist (and potential manage during busy seasons) in post event administrative tasks such as client system support and artist engagement support
● Work cross-functionally to assist team in seasonal work that may fluctuate during the busier times of the year
**SKILLS & EXPERIENCE**
We’re equally concerned with your drive and hunger AND your experience. While a proven track record of impact is a must, wedding or photography experience is not at all necessary. Experience working directly with customers and clients is preferable.
Here are some skills we think are important:
● Exemplary communication skills, with an emphasis on customer services
● Extremely detail oriented and an urgency to meet our customer service standards
● Responsible & accountable. If you say you will do it, you do it.
● Independent problem solver. We want someone who is able to tackle difficult problems on their own and proactively looks for new ways to improve. In other words, you can just figure it out.
● A collaborative mindset. We need someone to understand our ambitious goals and develop campaigns that bring our ideas to life.
● Strong project management skills, ability to work with agility
● Motivated to set and achieve goals and takes initiative within the workplace
● A healthy curiosity for learning and understanding our company, clients and industry
● The ability to work move seamlessly across multiple functions
● A creative, innovative, and outside-the-box mindset, with an ability to use best practices and proven methods to get results quickly
● Results-oriented. We want someone who is focused on creating impact, quickly.
● Bonus. Extra points for humor; speed of execution at ramp-up; and an overarching desire to succeed alongside us.
● Flex, remote work schedule (for the most part). As a lean business, we can’t always offer the biggest salary, but we can offer the flexibility to design your life as you see fit. You will be expected to participate in-person for team meetings and meet collaboratively with your team as you see fit during normal work hours.
● Unlimited vacation days
● Medical insurance
● Computer/other equipment as needed
● Reimbursement for classes and conferences
● Free photo sessions
To apply, please email our Logistics Director, Kariesha Drayton as soon as possible at Kariesha@oncelikeaspark.com . Please include a resume and your salary requirements, and in the body of the email, we’d like to hear about your experience, why you feel like you’re a fit, and why you are interested in this position. We are hoping to find a great fit for this position as quickly as possible. If you are interested and have aligned experience and skill sets, please apply as soon as possible.
Non-Discrimination: In all matters related to employee hiring or status – including but not limited to: advertising, recruitment, selection, employment, placement, compensation, benefits, upgrading, training, transfer, promotion, demotion, realignment, and termination – it is the policy of Once Like A Spark Photography to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state, or local laws, unless such distinction is required by law.