Y’ALL. We are SO excited for you to check out today’s amazing outdoor DIY wedding! Ashley & Kellen have been killing it lately, so that combined with this lovely bride & groom’s creativity was absolutely out-of-this-world! Ashley + Adam were married at Adam’s parent’s house, deep in the woods of Bend, Oregon. While they both love a good formal wedding, it’s just not who they are; they’re more “BBQ, country music, rocking boots instead of heels, picking beers out of a beer canoe” kind of people (adore that). They lived in Anchorage, Alaska for two years and spent lots of time together there in the great outdoors. They explored everything wild Alaska had to offer, plus it’s where Adam proposed! We’re loving the ways they incorporated this into so many little wedding details – ranging from their adorable moose cake topper, to their cocktail appetizers of smoked salmon that were caught, cleaned, brined, and smoked by the bride and groom themselves! Now that’s just awesome. Here are 5 more details we can’t get enough of from their wedding (it will be hard to stick to just 5!):
1. Most importantly, all of the beautiful emotion captured by Ashley & Kellen. There are so many sweet moments in the below photographs – and that dear friends, is what (once like a spark) photography is all about. A&K did a stunning job of showing what this precious day and these beautiful people really mean to each other – both the bride & groom, and their dearest family and friends.
2. All the rustic DIY details! To name a few: the ceremony backdrop handmade by Ashley’s mother, all the little flags decorating the event made by Adam’s mother, wine labels custom designed by Ashley as a way to bring their sweet pups, Oly & Stella, to the wedding, windows & doors from the home Ashley grew up in – turned into signage, and then all the table decorations collected at flea markets, antique stores and thrift stores – just to name a FEW!
3. We love the ways they incorporated antlers & fishing poles into their overall wedding day decor, aaaannndddd that all the groomsmen wore jeans & suspenders instead of suits – lovelovelove!
4. “Marriage is Messy” BBQ bibs!!
5. The most beautiful couples shots you ever did see. A + A are so precious together — keep a special eye out for the ones of them “kicking up some dust”.
A + A, we absolutely LOVED being a part of your beautiful wedding – it looked like such a fun day!! We hope you enjoy your sneak peek, and we can’t wait to share the rest with you very soon! xoxo!
Ceremony & Reception Venue:: Groom’s parent’s home; Florist:: Sunriver Florists (bought in bulk, arranged themselves!); Cake Vendor:: made by Groom’s Mother – Pat Jones; Caterer:: Baldy’s BBQ; Entertainment (DJ/Band):: Ashley’s Cousin – Ava Fieldman; Officiant:: Ashley’s Uncle – David Selvage; Dress Designer:: Allure Couture; Shoe Designer:: Ariat Cowboy Boots; Invitations/Programs/Save the Dates:: Made by Ashley (the bride!); Transportation:: Sunriver Resort ; Other Decor (table centerpieces, backdrops, flag pennant banners):: Bride’s Mother – Barbara Knecht & Groom’s Mother – Pat Jones