It’s Monday folks…and what Monday couldn’t benefit from a little brightening and cheer? Well, we have the perfect tonic right here, with Kristen + Chad’s gorgeous wedding at the Santa Clara Hyatt Regency. Kristen + Chad were married in early June, and let me just tell you, this sweet couple knows how to have an AMAZING time! Check out the photos below, and tell us that you don’t wish you could have been at that reception! At one point before their wedding, Kristen told us that she wants the kind of photographs that will make people feel like they are there when they see them. Our main man, California photojournalist extraordinaire Michael, did exactly that for Kristen + Chad. The photos are positively brimming with emotion and life…as you’ll see below. Here are a few favorites from their beautiful, oh-so-much-fun day:
1. We have to start this list here….the amazing money dance! Never heard of this tradition before? Check it out here. Guests “pay” to dance with the bride or the groom by pinning dollar bills onto the newlyweds. Besides being SUCH a fun idea (seriously…how can we get in on this??), it makes for some awesome, awesome photos.
2. The speeches at the wedding that had the guests, and the couple, in tears from laughter. We absolutely love, love, love the series of photos below from the speeches, capturing the reactions of the guests and Kristen + Chad.
3. The amazing lattice of shadows outside the Hyatt which served as the backdrop for the guys’ photos…so cool and modern.
4. Kristen’s super sweet, emotional reaction during Chad’s vows to her. Makes us tear up!
5. Kristen’s awesome Chinese exit dress…we love it when couples honor their heritage in meaningful ways like this.
Kristen + Chad, your wedding was SUCH a blast, and you two are a beautiful, awesome couple. Thank you for letting OLAS be a part of your amazing day! xoxo
Ceremony: Santa Clara Hyatt Regency; Reception: Santa Clara Hyatt Regency; Florist: El Camino Florist; Cake Vendor: Jen’s Cakes; Caterer: Santa Clara Hyatt Regency; Band: Kissing Sabrina; Officiant: Ed Corpuz; Dress Designer: Oleg Cassini; Shoe Designer: Badgley Mischka; Hair/MUA: Bloom Bridal Boutique; Invitations/Programs: Elaine Banaga (bride’s mother)