Over here at OLAS, we absolutely love it when a bride gets married at her own home or at the home of a family member. There is something so intimate and so meaningful about having loved ones gather around you and your beloved on ground which means something to you, which holds memories, which has nourished you in some way. We always love it when a bride gets married at home, but needless to say after you see the photos, we were positively blown away by the beauty of our sweet bride Courtney’s parents’ home, which they call Mudlick Ranch. Our super-talented Colorado photographer, Talia, flew down for the event, and we are so honored to have captured Courtney + Jesse’s beautiful day. There is SO much to love about this wedding that choosing just five favorites is going to be hard, but here are just some of the things we loved about this day:
1. Everything about Courtney’s style! She reminds us of a modern day Audrey Hepburn. We love her headpiece, and her fingertip length veil.
2. The unbelievably beautiful “doorway” that Courtney walked through. We love closing the curtains before the bride arrives to add an element of drama and excitement for her arrival.
3. We also love the sentimentality of the gazebo where Courtney + Jesse were married – a family friend actually built the gazebo using timber from Mudlick Ranch. So cool.
4. All of the awesome touches during the reception…the hay bale sofa is amaaaaaazing! You can tell how much fun everyone had with the slideshow, and all of the flowers looked stunning. The silver that was used belonged to Jesse’s grandmother and great-grandmother…some of it is even from the Civil War-era! We also are crushing on every last one of the chalkboard signs. No detail was spared, and the hard work and effort definitely shows!
5. Finally, we can’t get over how sweet the photos are of Courtney and her father in the first look with Dad. We love that this is a tradition in the making, and these will be photos to treasure forever. Talia captured the emotions of the moment so perfectly.
We really could go on and on about how much we enjoyed this wedding! Courtney + Jesse, thank you so much for including us in your absolutely stunning day! We love you guys! xoxo
Ceremony: Mudlick Ranch; Reception: Mudlick Ranch; Florist: Acorn Home & Garden; Cake Vendor: Apron Strings Cakery; Caterer: Flavorful Events, Inc.; Entertainment: Bailey Audio Video Productions; Invitations: DIY by bride and groom; Wedding Planner: Bridget Baker with An Elegant Occasion